We have a lot to be proud of!
LGP is a notably happy team - there are no stars - and the door is always open to new members. Once a year (usually in November) we stage our "big production". We've found our audiences enjoy the play more if we feed them too, so these plays are generally dinner theatres.
These dinner theatres are generally performed to an audience of around 100 per night. This can be quite daunting for new new joiners who think they can’t act, but we usually manage to surprise them.
Recent full-length plays involving both newbies and old timers include:
- A Small Family Business by Alan Ayckbourn
- Alarms & Excursions by Michael Frayn (plus a few other poems/ songs and the like)
- Arabian Nights by Dominic Cooke
- The Dove by local playwright Paul Honigmann
- Rumours by Neil Simon
- 'Allo 'Allo by Jeremy LLoyd and David Croft
- An Inspector Calls by J.B. Priestley
- Black Comedy by Peter Shaffer
- Bazaar and Rummage by Sue Townsend
- Confusions by Alan Ayckbourn
- Gut Girls by Sarah Daniels
- Holiday Snap by Michael Pertwee and John Chapman
- Harlequinade by Terence Rattigan
- I Thought I Heard a Rustling by Alan Plater
- It Runs in the Family by Ray Cooney
- Oh What a Lovely War by The Theatre Workshop
- Our Day Out by Willy Russell
- The Real Inspector Hound by Tom Stoppard
- Top Girls by Caryl Churchill
- Visiting Hour by Richard Harris
- Wyrd Sisters adapted by Stephen Briggs from Terry Pratchett's novel
- The Appointment by Luigi Jannuzzi's
- Three Tables by Dan Remmes
- Stitched Up by Robin Johnson
We've also performed one act plays too numerous to mention, many musicals, reviews and murder mysteries.